Who We Are:
ITF Group is a growing asset-based 3PL company with a mission to improve the landscape of the logistics industry. ITF Group is a multicultural organization that embraces a diverse workforce, which fosters equal opportunities for all. ITF Group’s aim is to serve as a better place to build your future career. We believe in community and have various social functions during the year which are the perfect opportunity to get to know your teammates, have fun, and build team morale. People are our greatest asset, and we are constantly encouraging our employees to grow and succeed in their careers. We invest in our people, and they invest in us. We offer a competitive salary with a bonus and attractive benefits.
Who You Are:
Requirements for the position are listed below. In addition to education and skill set, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you consider yourself an avid learner?
- Do you believe in failing fast and forward?
- Do you see possibilities rather than problems?
- Do you possess a service-oriented mindset?
- If the answer is an overwhelming YES, congratulations, you are connected to the vision of ITF Group: to hire innovative and passionate experts who approach everything with enthusiasm and a forward-thinking lens, while operating with appropriate urgency to meet all deadlines to ensure we are delivering the absolute best engagement experience to our customers. We would love to learn more about you and see if your skills align with our current needs.
As Freight Trader, you are responsible to serve as a liaison between shippers and carriers to secure the transportation of goods. Pair customers with freight carriers, book orders, and line carriers up for loading. In addition, you will:
- Securing new accounts, expediting the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers.
- Communicating with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads.
- Negotiating contracts with carriers in a manner that optimizes profits.
- Generating leads and attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline.
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
- Providing customers with shipping quotes.
- Booking orders with carriers.
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers, and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
- Updating customers on the status of shipments, and assisting with other inquiries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in the transportation marketplace.
- Make quick decisions and work on several tasks simultaneously.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Established book of business.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
- Customer-oriented and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Casual and fun start-up culture focused on teamwork.
- Transparent leadership with access to the executive team.
- Extensive industry training program.
- Competitive salary with opportunity for variable compensation.
- Opportunity for growth and internal advancement opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, matching 401K.